Thursday, June 21, 2007

Does Luggage Feel Jet Lag?

Hello to those who are still frequenting this little page of mine!

Well, the good news is that my bag arrived 7pm last night, looking relatively the same as when I had last seen it in Rome a little over 5 days ago. Where had it been for the 75 hours it was missing? It had obviously been opening itself up to other people (it's lock was no longer in the same place), it had obviously been drinking as it still smelled of alcohol (my small bottle of Imperial Drops had leaked a little more... likely due to atmospheric pressure) but it must have been trying to locate me (it had extra tags and notes attached) so that's comforting. Someone was saying that at any one time, there are a million bags in the sky. I guess it makes sense that some would get lost in the heat of the moment and get caught up in a bout of drunken flirtation. As someone else once told me, what happens on holiday, stays on holiday. So I guess I won't pry into my bags affairs. I'm just glad it's here now. :-)

It was mostly overcast yesterday with some showers but it's raining a lot here this morning as I contemplate leaving the warmth of my dunah and entering a 14 degree atmosphere.

Since I hadn't felt jet lag in Rome, I kinda wondered what it was... Going the other way has taught me a little of what it's like. It's really weird. Every day so far, I find myself waking up a couple hours earlier, this morning it was 7am. I was waking up 5 times per night, it's down to 2 now. But the worst part are the heavy waves of sleep that come over me at around 4pm, and again at 7pm and 11pm. I haven't managed to overcome them all but yesterday I pushed through the 4pm one only to find a stronger pull at 7pm and couldn't resist 11pm. I'm worried when I go home how long it'll take to get back in sync...

Well, it's Friday and despite the weather, it'll be another brilliant day in New Zealand.

Take care,
T.

1 comment:

  1. I envy your luggage. Glad all is well. Hi to Kerrie! I installed a Plasma for a drug lord today. I thought I would tell you as you seem to find unusual situations amusing. :) Take care. - J.

    ReplyDelete